So yesterday was our last full day in Florida, and we obvs had to spend it in Disney.
We also strolled round Tom Sawyer’s island via boat, because Disney love a good boat! Weird seeing the “places” from a story I used to read all the time when I was a kid.
Of course I also spent some more money in the gift shop, finally got my ears that I am currently wearing for 24 hours as per my hit list challenge. (Speaking of there’s an updated version at the end of this post.)
I also got my shot glass for this part of the trip and a cute frame for my Ariel photo so I can remember it even when I’m old and wrinkly!
We finished or time at Disney by watching the fireworks at Epcot. ✨ 🎉Which was the perfect ending to a perfect week!
So the rollercoaster pigtails have left me and I’m wearing jeans because there’s like a twenty degree temperature drop between Florida and Washington.
Anyways we’re on the bus to Washington now! Just a nice 18 hour journey to read and not be able to sleep on.
Here’s the updated hit list:
* Talk to an American in an American accent – see Houston hitlist update. I’m pretty fluent in the valley girl accent.
* Walk down the Vegas stripe – tick ✔️✔️
* Buy a Disney snow globe -not done yet as the one I wanted was huge and difficult to get home in a rucksack, but Disney ship so will be buying once I hit English soil!
* Wear Minnie Mouse ears for 24 hours 🐭 – currently a few hours into this now
* The Statue of Liberty 🗽
* Eat American smores (we made our own on list year’s camping adventure) – we have had pop tarts in smores flavour but are keeping our eyes open for the real deal
* Eat the state food in each state we stay – so far we’ve managed this!
* Ride a horse 🐎 – done! (Sort of we rode a carousel horse, so it was a horse but I won’t tick it on my year’s hit list.)
* Line dancing 👯 – danced round a courtyard in a Texan way so this is totally done.
* Eat cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory
* Have pie and coffee in a dinner (full disclosure I do not drink coffee so this will be pie, a sip of coffee then a gallon of tea) ☕️ – apparently if you add salt to coffee it takes the bitter taste away so might try this with actual coffee
* Roller skate around Somewhere – still on the lookout for a place to skate
* Bet in Vegas – I’ve officially placed a bet
* Mardi Gras in New Orleans – SO COOL!!!! (See the Nola post for all the deets.)
* Visit a Hard Rock Cafe – even have the tee shirt to prove it
* Bungee jumping – I’ve ziplined but yet to find a bungee jump
* Washington and Lincoln memorials
* Buy some American uni merchandise
* Take a photo at the Brooklyn Bridge 📷
* Visit Walmart
* The Grand Canyon – yes and it is incredible
* A ghost tour 👻– yep, walked round New Orleans listening to a guy tell us all about the spooks there.
* Watch some kind of sports game
* See the Bellagio fountain – such a cool fountain show, and we did a little oceans 11 photo shoot
* Breakfast at Tiffany’s
* Supersize a macdonalds 🍟🍔 (me and V will be sharing this)
* Spend an afternoon in Barnes and a noble
* Watch a show – we went and saw Cirque Du Soleil while in Florida so this one can officially be crossed off.
* Photo at the Vegas sign – we didn’t make it out to the one on the strip because it was roasting hot. But we did do it at the downtown sign in Fremont.
* Empire state building
* People watch in Grand Central
* Central Park 🌳🌳
* Find a LA cap like Hils in Cinderella Story – as I’ve spammed everywhere with pictures of this you probs all know about this one already.
* Alcatraz – I have been to the rock
* Ride a cable car in San Fransisco 🚃 – tick! ✔️✔️
* Visit the 9/11 memorial
* Visit the Golden Gate Bridge 🌉 – It’s like one of the thing every tourist does but there’ s a reason for that; the views are spectacular!
* New York public library
* M and M world (chocolate heaven!! 🍫) – been there and made some friends
* NASA space centre 🚀 – we had lift off
* The French Quarter in New Orleans – even had a little nap in Jackson Square
* Ride the Hogwarts Express 🚂 – yes and it was just as incredible as expected
* The Smithsonian
* Walk the National Mall in Washington
* Niagra Falls
* CN Tower