Sorry it’s been a couple of days. We had a few busy days and late nights followed by some lazy ones.
So after posting Wednesday we ended up in the garden until two, just talking to some of the others in the hostel and drinking wine. But more importantly I line danced! 💃🏼💃🏼 okay so it wasn’t proper line dancing, it was copying this girl who was crazy good at all the steps. And my version looked slightly more Irish jig because I’m too much of a bouncer. But still I did it so it’s being ticked off the list. Me as V even did one of those twirls they do.
On Thursday me and V went off to the zoo. We didn’t get there until midday though so a lot of the animals had already eaten and were on the nap stage of their day.
But we did see a few baby animals, including this super cute anteater and it’s baby! (I never though I’d think an anteater was cute either but look at the picture.)
We got caught up talking to people. One of which was a babe of an American who I got to use my American accent on! Apparently my American is more of a valley girl voice but still I did it! She practised her English with is as well, which was way better than my American.
Anyway after our super late night we ended up having a bit of a lie in and then going to the last place in our city pass, the children’s museum.
You do not want to go to the children’s museum without children! We had our id’s checked had to get a special sticker for while we in the museum and a manager had to come and approve us for entry.
And after all that we spent half an hour in the place, it is obviously just for kids!
Anyways, we’re on our bus to New Orleans now! 🙌🏼🎉
Here’s the latest version of the hit list:
* Talk to an American in an American accent – see above. I’m pretty fluent in the valley girl accent.
* Walk down the Vegas strip – done and done!
* Buy a Disney snow globe
* Wear Minnie Mouse ears for 24 hours 🐭
* The Statue of Liberty 🗽
* Eat American smores (we made our own on list year’s camping adventure) – we have had pop tarts in smores flavour but are keeping our eyes open for the real deal
* Eat the state food in each state we stay – so far we’ve managed this!
* Ride a horse 🐎
* Line dancing 👯 – definitely, totally, maybe done this.
* Eat cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory
* Have pie and coffee in a dinner (full disclosure I do not drink coffee so this will be pie, a sip of coffee then a gallon of tea) ☕️ – apparently if you add salt to coffee it takes the bitter taste away so might try this with actual coffee
* Roller skate around Somewhere – still not found any roller skates although I did see a post for skating back home so may have to do it when I get back to England
* Bet in Vegas – I’ve officially placed a bet
* Mardi Gras in New Orleans – on our way 🎉
* Visit a Hard Rock Cafe – even have the tee shirt to prove it
* Bungee jumping – I’ve ziplined but yet to find a bungee jump
* Washington and Lincoln memorials
* Buy some American uni merchandise
* Take a photo at the Brooklyn Bridge 📷
* Visit Walmart
* The Grand Canyon – yes and it is incredible
* A ghost tour 👻
* Watch some kind of sports game
* See the Bellagio fountain – such a cool fountain show, and we did a little oceans 11 photo shoot
* Supersize a macdonalds 🍟🍔 (me and V will be sharing this)
* Spend an afternoon in Barnes and a noble
* Watch a show
* Photo at the Vegas sign – we didn’t make it out to the one on the strip because it was roasting hot. But we did do it at the downtown sign in Fremont.
* Empire state building
* People watch in Grand Central
* Central Park 🌳🌳
* Find a LA cap like Hils in Cinderella Story – as I’ve spammed everywhere with pictures of this you probs all know about this one already.
* Alcatraz – I have been to the rock
* Ride a cable car in San Fransisco 🚃 – tick! ✔️✔️
* Visit the 9/11 memorial
* Visit the Golden Gate Bridge 🌉 – photo evidence below! It’s like one of the thing every tourist does but there’ s a reason for that; the views are spectacular!
* M and M world (chocolate heaven!! 🍫) – been there and made some friends
* NASA space centre 🚀 – we have lift off
* Ride the Hogwarts Express 🚂
* The Smithsonian
* Walk the National Mall in Washington
* Niagra Falls
* CN Tower